Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bulletin Boards for Open House

Let me start by saying that I love my school. Everyone is so nice, helpful, and welcoming. We've had students now for 2 1/2 weeks and I love all of them. They are sweet kids who so far seem to enjoy art. I can't wait to see what they create this school year.
Outside of my room there are four large bulletin boards just for me. It took me a minute to get anything on them because I had been spending so much time getting my room together. About a week ago we had our open house and I knew I wanted something up before all of the parents came in.


 I wanted one board to identify that you had arrived at the art room. I had this idea of showing some of the many mediums we use in the art room and having them flow into the word art.


If you've been on pinterest then you know that I did not come up with this saying. I researched the quote trying to find the origin, but couldn't find anything. However, I love this quote. I think it sums up what life would be like without the arts. 

I've gotten many complements on my boards and appreciate them all. I still have two boards open and I think I'm going to use them for an art showcase. I'll pick a couple of the best projects and put them out for viewing. 

If you like what you see please join this site, like me on facebook, or follow on google+ !!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of bboards to have up for the first day of school! I have a huge bboard in the front hallway of my K-2 school that I am responsible for having displays on all year. The first board is always a whole school welcome back board. As soon as the first projects are finished it becomes art displays only for the rest of the school year. Have a great school year! :)

    ReplyDelete